What's happening with the bridge?

Check out the bridge Calendar below

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Esther is triumphant

We finished the book of Esther on January 30th and discussed the Jewish holiday of Purim which came about as a result of the happenings in the book of Esther.   

The first week of February fell on Ash Wednesday.  (Sarah hosted a Fat Tuesday pancake supper to ring in Lent).  Instead of our traditional game night, the bridge attended Ash Wednesday services that evening.

Next week we look forward to Paul facilitating disscusion on vocation and calling.  Hope to see you all there!

2 comments:

the bridge said...

What is the "Raising $ for MS" about on Feb 21? Not a word has been said about it on Wednesday nights and I keep forgetting to ask. I have no idea what it is or if it's a group event or what...? :-)

the bridge said...

o.k. Seconds after writing my comment I found the additional information on the calendar. Duh! I should have looked with my eyes instead of my mouth. :-)

Thanks for the great calendar-keeping!